- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - Erick Fernandez
Erick Fernandez grew up in Miami, watching the Florida Marlins and hoping to play in the major leagues.
"It was a real tough grind to graduate, and I did that," Fernandez said. "And then there's being a professional athlete, my dream. It's been an amazing week. I graduated from a great university, and I also got a chance to play pro ball."
"When you start practicing and dedicating the time, you get better," Fernandez said. "It's like anything in life. The more you stick to it, the more you get better. That's another thing I have to be thankful for — the opportunity that the coaching staff gave me."