- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest Erin Driscoll Items
Signature's 2013-14 season opens with the blockbuster musical "Miss Saigon" by Claude-Michel Schonberg and Alain Boublil, composers of "Les Miserables." They based it on Puccini's opera "Madame Butterfly," the tragic love story about an American officer and a Japanese geisha girl. In their retelling, the setting becomes Saigon in the 1970s during the Vietnam War.
Signature Theatre kicked off its seventh annual Sizzlin' Summer Cabaret series, 13 evenings of performances, on Wednesday and continuing through Aug. 17. A variety of performers, mostly stars of the D.C. theater scene but also a few faces a bit less familiar locally, will shed the personas of the characters they portray and perform a program of their own design meant to give the audience a better sense of who they are as artists.