- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Ernesto "Che" Guevara
Huber Matos Benitez, who helped lead the Cuban Revolution as one of Fidel Castro's key lieutenants before his efforts to resign from the burgeoning communist government landed him in prison for 20 years, has died. He was 95.
Long before the worldwide hunt and takedown of America's public enemy No. 1, Osama bin Laden, there was another global manhunt for another famous enemy of America: Ernesto "Che" Guevara.
Gael Garcia Bernal, best known for his role as a young Ernesto "Che" Guevara in "The Motorcycle Diaries," says his latest film has taught him a great deal about the pain that Chileans suffered during a long dictatorship.
The chairwoman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee is rattling a left-wing Irish politician who wants to erect a statue to Ernesto "Che" Guevara, one of the most blood-thirsty rebels of the Cuban revolution — the same Che whose iconic image in a beard and beret adorns the T-shirts of starry-eyed fashionistas from Rodeo Drive to the Champs Elysees.
Pope Benedict XVI, denouncing "fanaticism" that tries to impose its truth on others, demanded greater freedom for the Catholic Church in Cuba during Mass before hundreds of thousands of people Wednesday in the shrine of the island's communist revolution.
Cuba has published revolutionary icon Ernesto "Che" Guevara's journal from the guerrilla campaign he fought with Fidel Castro.
Raul Castro has begged patience from those seeking a generational change in Cuba, saying the country still lacks young leaders with the experience to take the revolution forward 52 years after he and his brother came to power.
A B-team of socialist speakers spent Cuba's Revolution Day bashing the United States for everything from its drug consumption to the war in Iraq to its military support for Colombia, portraying Washington as the great villain in world affairs.
Film director Guillermo del Toro confirmed yesterday that "The Lord of the Rings" stars Ian McKellen (Gandfalf) and Andy Serkis (Gollum) will return in two movies based on "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien.
When actress Cameron Diaz bought a purse as a tourist in China, she never expected the uproar she would face by carrying it to Peru.
Benedict didn't cite the government by name, but later he urged Cuban authorities to let the church preach its message more freely and educate its young in the faith in schools and universities.
steps have been taken to enable the church to carry out her essential mission of expressing her faith openly and publicly," he said. "Nonetheless, this must continue forward"