- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Etan Patz
A man charged in one of the nation's most notorious missing-child cases is scheduled for trial Jan. 5 in New York.
A New York murder trial for a suspect in one of the country's most prominent missing-child cases is being postponed for months as psychiatric exams and other preparations continue.
The man charged with killing a New York City boy in 1979 has appeared in court in a case that catalyzed the missing-children's movement.
A man long considered the prime suspect in the disappearance of a New York City boy more than three decades ago was released from a Pennsylvania prison on Wednesday then immediately arrested on a Megan's Law violation, state police said.
An unmanned space capsule carrying medical samples from the International Space Station splashed down in the Pacific Ocean on Sunday, completing the first official private interstellar shipment under a $1 billion contract with NASA.
When police dug up a Manhattan basement last month in a fruitless search for the remains of Etan Patz, a 6-year-old boy who disappeared in 1979, Lucy Suarez saw the news on TV and wished that the family of the missing child would finally get some peace.
A man accused of luring 6-year-old Etan Patz into the basement of a convenience store with the promise of a soda in 1979 and strangling him was charged with second-degree murder on Friday, the 33rd anniversary of the boy's disappearance.
In a potential break in one of the nation's most baffling missing-children cases, a former convenience-store employee has told police that he suffocated 6-year-old Etan Patz in 1979 and left the boy's body in a box in an alley, law enforcement officials said Thursday.
Authorities on Monday finished excavating a Manhattan basement in connection to the disappearance of a 6-year-old boy three decades ago without finding any obvious human remains, law enforcement officials said Monday.
A generation of sheltered American children grew up in the shadow of anxiety that fell over this country one day in 1979, when a little boy with a charming grin vanished from a Manhattan street corner.
He allegedly said he led the child to the basement, choked him and left his body in a bag of trash about a block away.
When he moved to New Jersey not long after the disappearance, he said something to relatives about having hurt a child back in New York.