- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Ethan White Items
The 2014 opening day roster for D.C. United will look markedly different than the previous year's roster.
D.C. United traded defender Ethan White and the top allocation ranking to the Philadelphia Union for defender Jeff Parke and the sixth allocation ranking.
The clubs Tuesday also swapped spots in the MLS allocation ranking, with the Union moving up to No. 1 and United down to No. 6. That will give Philadelphia first dibs on the next U.S. national team player to sign with the league.
D.C. United have traded defender Ethan White to the Philadelphia Union for defender Jeff Parke.
After starting 21 games as a rookie in 2011, the University of Maryland product didn't see a second of playing time all season. That could change as soon as Saturday, when United host the Columbus Crew at RFK Stadium.
Townsend, who scored 43 goals during his four years at Maryland, will be asked in coach Ben Olsen's system to wreak havoc by applying high pressure to opposing back lines.
When D.C. United kicked off at the San Jose Earthquakes on Wednesday, the visitors were riding high, owners of a seven-game unbeaten stretch and the team's first winning streak in nearly three years.