- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest Euroleague Basketball Items
Former NBA star Lamar Odom lacked game shape and showed rust in his debut for Spanish club Baskonia, which lost 81-71 to Unicaja Malaga on Thursday.
Jonas Valanciunas was "juiced" from the moment he batted the opening tip into the backcourt.
Houston Rockets guard Goran Dragic has reached a deal to play for Spanish club Caja Laboral until the end of the NBA lockout.
New Jersey Nets guard Jordan Farmar says he is looking forward to a "great life experience" when he plays for Israeli champion Maccabi Tel Aviv during the NBA lockout.
Greeted at the airport by fans singing and banging drums, New Jersey Nets guard Jordan Farmar said Thursday he is excited about playing during the NBA lockout with Israeli champion Maccabi Tel Aviv, a club he followed as a youngster.
Jan Vesely left his home in the Czech Republic five years ago, at age 16. He had a dream that someday, he'd play in the NBA.
It's hard not to give the Washington Wizards high marks for what looks like a pretty successful draft last night. The Wizards took Jan Vesely at six, Chris Singleton at 18, and Shelvin Mack at 34.
The Washington Wizards have selected forward Jan Vesely with the sixth pick in the first round of Thursday's NBA draft.
Flip Saunders is very impressed with Jan Vesely. The Washington Wizards coach worked out the 6-foot-11 forward from the Czech Republic and liked his basketball skills. When he watched Vesely passionately kiss his girlfriend on television after his selection by the Wizards was announced, Saunders liked him even more.