- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Eva Marie Saint
Tattoos, not yet everywhere on everyone, nevertheless have reached cultural critical mass. What do they signify?
The Hollywood Reporter's list of its 10 best stories of the week:
Eva Marie Saint, Janet Leigh and Doris Day are just a few of the famed platinum-blond actresses to co-star in Alfred Hitchcock movies.
"Cabaret" stars Liza Minnelli, Joel Grey and Michael York are on hand for a screening of the restored 1972 film at the TCM Classic Film Festival in Los Angeles.
Plans are under way to create a musical based on Kate DiCamillo's book "Because of Winn-Dixie" with songs by Duncan Sheik and a real dog on stage.
July 3: Movie director Ken Russell is 84. Singer Fontella Bass is 71. Actor Kurtwood Smith ("That 70s Show") is 68. Actor Michael Cole ("The Mod Squad") is 66. Country singer Johnny Lee is 65. Writer Dave Barry is 64. Actress Betty Buckley is 64. Guitarist-singer Paul Barrere of Little Feat is 63. Country singer Aaron Tippin is 53. Synthesizer player Vince Clarke of Erasure is 51. Actor Tom Cruise is 49. Actor Thomas Gibson is 49. Actress Hunter Tylo is 49. Actress Connie Nielsen ("Gladiator") is 47. Actress Yeardley Smith ("The Simpsons") is 47. Keyboardist-guitarist Kevin Hearn of Barenaked Ladies is 42. Singer Tonia Tash of Divine is 32. Actor Grant Rosenmeyer ("Oliver Beene") is 20.
Some reaction following the death of Elizabeth Taylor: