- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Topic - evan longoria
Johnny Cueto didn't feel ready to start the game. By the time he got into a rhythm, he was headed for another oh-so-close loss.
David Price wished he had one pitch back.
Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon thought Chris Archer would be fine after getting a new contract - and he was right.
Chris Archer pitched four scoreless innings and 21-year-old prospect Justin O'Conner hit three doubles in the Tampa Bay Rays' 6-5 loss to their Double-A Montgomery affiliate Saturday.
Nelson Cruz had a scary end to spring training.
The Tampa Bay Rays feel they have everything it takes to win the World Series and aren't afraid to say it.
Evan Longoria hit a two-run double and Cesar Ramos looked sharp on the mound, sending the Tampa Bay Rays to a 5-4 victory over the Minnesota Twins on Thursday night.
Evan Longoria hit a two-run homer and Grant Balfour was perfect in his first appearance in a Tampa Bay uniform since 2010, helping the Rays beat the Minnesota Twins 6-3 on Sunday.
Evan Longoria likes what the Tampa Bay Rays have done to try to make themselves better and is eager to do his part to help the team get back to the playoffs.
Wil Myers of the Tampa Bay Rays won the AL Rookie of the Year award Monday after putting up impressive offensive numbers in barely half a season.
Jose Lobaton hit a solo home run with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning into the giant fish tank beyond the center-field wall, and Tampa Bay staved off elimination once again by beating the Boston Red Sox 5-4 Monday night.
The Rays face another do-or-die game Wednesday night at Cleveland in the AL wild-card game. Tampa Bay is in the playoffs for the fourth time in six seasons.
The Rays and Rangers both won Sunday and ended up even. They'll meet Monday night in Texas, with the winner earning the second wild-card spot and playing at Cleveland on Wednesday night.
Mike Napoli drove in the winning run with a two-out double in the ninth inning and the Boston Red Sox completed a three-game sweep of the light-hitting Tampa Bay Rays with a 3-2 win on Monday.
Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon signed the lineup card for Joe Nathan's 300th career save and gave it to the Texas Rangers closer.
"It's a proud moment for me because this has been my home for so long," Longoria said.
"There are a lot of expectations from within this team," he added. "But from an overall perspective, we'll probably be picked down the ladder a little bit more this year ... which is perfectly fine with me because I think we've proven time in and time out that if you believe the right things and play the right way, then the rest will take care of itself."