- Parents outraged after white supremacists plant racist Easter eggs
- Atheists sue N.J. school over ‘under God’ in Pledge of Allegiance
- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Evan Smotrycz
Maryland junior Evan Smotrycz was forced to sit out Thursday's ACC tournament loss to Florida State, plagued by back spasms.
Evan Smotrycz has, at times, forced shots for Maryland this season. But how he played against Virginia is what Maryland needs in the ACC tournament.
Dez Wells hadn't missed a shot all night, and with the game tied and the clock winding down, Maryland's leading scorer had no intention of finally clanging one off the rim.
Dez Wells drilled the tiebreaking 3-pointer with 5.9 seconds left to provide Maryland with a 74-71 victory over Miami on Wednesday night.
In their 77-61 victory over Georgia Tech on Saturday, the Terrapins had four players score in double figures. They had 16 assists compared with only six turnovers, and nine players received significant playing time.
Evan Smotrycz is used to playing Ohio State from his days at Michigan. Can he help Maryland as they prepare for a road showdown against the Buckeyes?
Michigan forward Evan Smotrycz is one of three players leaving the Wolverines to transfer.
Walter Offutt left Ohio State after not getting enough minutes. The guard was in the right place at the right time for Ohio's big win over Michigan.
"It was great," forward Evan Smotrycz said. "Obviously, we felt like we were playing for something bigger than ourselves. A lot of people had a lot invested in this game and wanted to see us win and finish off the ACC the right way."
"It's pretty cool," junior forward Evan Smotrycz said. "There's lot of history with Maryland in the ACC, and hopefully we can finish it off the right way."