- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
Topic - Evgeni Malkin
The Columbus Blue Jackets are the closest NHL team to the Pittsburgh Penguins, at least geographically. The two franchises are separated by 185 miles of highway.
The statistics are gaudy.
Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin will miss two to three weeks while recovering from a foot injury.
Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma wants his high-powered team to get used to playing tight-checking playoff hockey before the postseason begins next month.
Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma wanted his team to play a tight, low-scoring game against Tampa Bay on Saturday, figuring it's what the Metropolitan Division leaders are likely to see when the postseason begins next month.
The Detroit Red Wings made some breaks and got some against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
A distinct playoff atmosphere permeated the cozy surroundings inside Honda Center on Friday night, with Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins making a rare appearance to take on the league-leading Ducks.
The Pittsburgh Penguins didn't go for the big splash at the trade deadline this time.
Sidney Crosby's second Olympic experience was last dramatic and just as rewarding.
Alex Ovechkin, Pavel Datsyuk and their teammates had nursed dreams about this week for several years. They were all dashed in 60 frustrating minutes.
Alex Ovechkin had a goal and an assist in a breathtaking start and the Russians went on to beat Slovenia 5-2 Thursday in their Sochi Olympics opener.
Much was made about the pressure awaiting Alex Ovechkin at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, but it certainly didn't affect him early in Russia's Group A opener.
The Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh Penguins have been stellar at home this season and unbeatable in shootouts for two years.
Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conference's worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best.
Jonathan Quick's Olympic goaltending audition for U.S. national team coach Dan Bylsma ended after three Pittsburgh goals in one rocky period.
"It's not easy, it's always tough," Malkin said.
And earlier in the tournament, which Datsyuk said he has been waiting "all of my life," he was asked whether his injury will limit his performance: