- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Evgeni Nabokov
The Caps need a win today on Long Island to make up ground in their uphill playoff climb. Puck drop is at 5 p.m. on CSN.
Sami Salo joked that as the shootout went on and on, one thing went through his mind: "You've got to tie up your skates. I might get a chance."
This weekend version of New York, New York could cost the Columbus Blue Jackets the playoff spot they are desperate to grab.
San Jose has dominated the Eastern Conference all season, and Sharks captain Joe Thornton kept that trend going against an old friend.
Dallas Eakins wasn't happy after the first 40 minutes, and he let his Edmonton Oilers know it.
Jaromir Jagr became the seventh player to score 700 NHL goals, reaching the mark in the second period on Saturday in the New Jersey Devils' game against the New York Islanders.
Now that Jaromir Jagr has 700 NHL goals in the bank, the future Hockey Hall of Famer is already setting his sights on his next big milestone.
The New York Islanders have been on the losing end of many roller-coaster finishes this season. So Lubomir Visnovsky's overtime goal lifting them to a wild 5-4 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs was especially satisfying.
Outside and inside, the New York Rangers got the best of the New York Islanders in a pair of decisive third periods.
The New York Rangers have quickly warmed to the challenge of playing outside in the chill of winter.
The New York Islanders got good news before facing the Boston Bruins as top goalie Evgeni Nabokov and defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky were both activated from the injured list.
TORONTO (AP) — Something has changed in the New York Islanders' approach, and the positives are showing on the ice — especially away from home.
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) — One day after Kyle Okposo was left off the U.S. Olympic team, the New York Islanders forward added another clip to his highlight reel.
The 22-year-old center scored two power-play goals in the third period to lift the Islanders to a 5-2 win over Washington, ending the Capitals' three-game winning streak.
Evgeni Nabokov is making his long-awaited New York Islanders debut against the rival New York Rangers.
He said he hadn't skated for six weeks when he was claimed and needed three to four weeks to get ready.
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) - Suspended goalie Evgeni Nabokov said he will go to training camp with the New York Islanders, Newsday reported on its website on Monday night.