- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
Topic - Expected One
Oh, what a speech. For this speech, the U.S. Congress was put on notice: The "Expected One" would address it on a matter of the greatest moment. It was about the economy, stupid. And the memorable lines? Where was the never-to-be-forgotten hortatory oratory that would be inscribed 100 years from now on the Obamemorial?
How can it be that this Expected One, who told us, "We are the ones we've been waiting for" - the man whose election would heal the planet and stop the seas from rising, has failed so spectacularly to connect with a distressed people?