- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry battles hapless bumbler perception
Topic - Fabian Johnson
Johnson was chasing a ball in the 31st minute Tuesday when he pulled up and sat down on the field. He was replaced by 20-year-old DeAndre Yedlin, one of coach Jurgen Klinsmann's surprise picks for the U.S. roster.
In the 26th minute of a game that meant nothing, everything the United States is capable of flashed before the eyes of an adoring crowd. And therein lies the frustration of these warmup games in which every nation participates in the anxious weeks leading up to soccer's biggest show. No concrete conclusions can be drawn.
Fabian Johnson scored his first international goal and Clint Dempsey doubled the lead after a defensive lapse as the United States beat Turkey 2-1 Sunday in the second of three World Cup warm-up matches for the Americans before they head to Brazil.
Among those left off Monday were defender Tim Ream; midfielders Sacha Kljestan, Brek Shea, Jose Torres and Daniel Williams; and forwards Herculez Gomez and Juan Agudelo.
American midfielder Fabian Johnson appears to have recovered from a broken hand, which should please U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
Germany's Borussia Moenchengladbach has signed American midfielder Fabian Johnson from Bundesliga rival Hoffenheim starting with the 2014-15 season.
Timmy Chandler became the latest World Cup hopeful to suffer an injury setback over the weekend, another potential blow to the U.S. team's depth as it prepares for a friendly at Ukraine next month.
After returning from 12 days of training in Brazil, the U.S. soccer team will take the field in one of its final pre-World Cup matches when it hosts South Korea on Saturday.
With injuries to Steve Cherundolo and Fabian Johnson, and Danny Williams' lack of playing time, the U.S. has defensive worries heading into next week's World Cup qualifier at Honduras, the opener in the final round to get to next year's tournament in Brazil.
Marco Pappa scored on a free kick in the 83rd minute, giving Guatemala a 1-1 tie with the United States in a World Cup qualifier on Tuesday night.
Two years ago, Fabian Johnson was starting for Germany in the final of the European Under-21 Championship alongside such future stars as Mesut Oezil, Sami Khedira and Manuel Neuer.
"While I am disappointed," Johnson said in a statement, "I respect coach Jurgen Klinsmann's decision."
Fabian Johnson said he played right back against Galaxy II.