- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Faculty Senate Items
An accrediting panel has questions about the University of Virginia stemming from the Board of Visitors' failed attempt to oust President Teresa Sullivan.
University of Virginia President Teresa A. Sullivan is calling for measures aimed at improving faculty and changes in curriculum, including peer review and merit-based raises.
The University of Virginia's governing body is scheduled to convene Tuesday to decide whether to reinstate ousted President Teresa Sullivan, potentially ending a chaotic two weeks that has torn the fabric of the historic university's community asunder.
About 1,500 students, alumni and faculty gathered outside the University of Virginia's historic Rotunda Sunday afternoon to support reinstating ousted President Teresa A. Sullivan.
The University of Virginia's interim president says he agreed to take the job out of love for the university and the desire to rebuild trust after the Board of Visitors' handling of President Teresa Sullivan's ouster.
University professors, like schoolteachers, enjoy considerable public admiration. Union leaders, on the other hand, are viewed as opportunists. Gallup polls in 2008-09 found that 54 percent of the population believe college teachers have high ethical standards whereas only 16 percent think union leaders do.
BLACKSBURG, Va. — Hundreds gathered at the center of Virginia Tech's campus yesterday for the dedication of a memorial to the 32 victims of the April 16 shootings.