- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Fairfax County Chamber Of Commerce
When I learned that the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce had endorsed the pro-Obamacare Terry McAuliffe for Virginia governor, I was sick ("Chamber of commerce in Fairfax backs McAuliffe," Web, Sept. 26). My company worked at employing people in Fairfax County for more than 20 years. We won a "Product of the Year" award in 1993, against all odds. We were small, but always strove for excellence.
The political arm of the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce endorsed Terry McAuliffe for Virginia governor Thursday, handing the Democrat a key boost from the business community in the state's largest jurisdiction while undercutting his Republican opponent's most effective line of attack thus far.
The following is a transcript of Wednesday's Virginia gubernatorial debate between Republican Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II and Democrat Terry McAuliffe, which was moderated by Chuck Todd of NBC News. The transcript was provided by the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce, the sponsor of the event.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe and Republican Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II could be getting their last, best chance to sway undecided Virginia voters Wednesday when they take the stage in a prime-time, televised debate hosted by the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce.
The Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce and NBC 4 will host a Virginia gubernatorial debate in September — but will it be an actual debate?
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell wasted little time in exercising his new right to add members to the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority's board of directors, announcing appointments less than a week after federal legislation creating the positions was signed.