- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Fairfax County Chamber Of Commerce
Northern Virginia faces a major loss of clout on Capitol Hill as Democratic Rep. James P. Moran Jr. confirmed Wednesday that he will join GOP Rep. Frank R. Wolf in heading for the exits after this term.
When I learned that the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce had endorsed the pro-Obamacare Terry McAuliffe for Virginia governor, I was sick ("Chamber of commerce in Fairfax backs McAuliffe," Web, Sept. 26). My company worked at employing people in Fairfax County for more than 20 years. We won a "Product of the Year" award in 1993, against all odds. We were small, but always strove for excellence.
The political arm of the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce endorsed Terry McAuliffe for Virginia governor Thursday, handing the Democrat a key boost from the business community in the state's largest jurisdiction while undercutting his Republican opponent's most effective line of attack thus far.
The following is a transcript of Wednesday's Virginia gubernatorial debate between Republican Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II and Democrat Terry McAuliffe, which was moderated by Chuck Todd of NBC News. The transcript was provided by the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce, the sponsor of the event.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe and Republican Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II could be getting their last, best chance to sway undecided Virginia voters Wednesday when they take the stage in a prime-time, televised debate hosted by the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce.
The Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce and NBC 4 will host a Virginia gubernatorial debate in September — but will it be an actual debate?
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell wasted little time in exercising his new right to add members to the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority's board of directors, announcing appointments less than a week after federal legislation creating the positions was signed.