- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
Fairfax County School Board
Latest Fairfax County School Board Items
Steve Stuban's son, Nick, committed suicide last January in the wake of school disciplinary proceedings that Mr. Stuban said he found out about only after it was too late. Now Mr. Stuban, with the help of several Northern Virginia legislators, is pushing for an overhaul of the state's parental-notification policy to ensure that the same doesn't happen to other parents.
Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine's fundraising lead over other state lawmakers will likely be a big help to Democrats in the fall elections when they campaign in Northern Virginia and try to take control of the General Assembly for the first time since 1995.