- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Fairfax Police Items
A Centreville man fatally shot Thursday by Fairfax County police was a Defense Department security officer stationed at the vice president's mansion who had been hospitalized the previous day due to erratic behavior, coworkers and officials said.
Fairfax County police on Thursday announced the arrest of a man suspected of fatally shooting his 75-year-old father.
Fairfax County police on Monday were investigating a fatal accident in Dranesville that killed a 19-year-old Herndon man and put the 39-year-old motorist who struck him in the hospital.
One person was killed and another was in stable condition on Wednesday after a man walked into a Northern Virginia barbershop and shot several rounds.