- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Faith Hill
The entertainer of the year trophy at the Country Music Association Awards is one of the most coveted honors in the genre, but sometimes it's OK to lose — like, say, when George Strait is a nominee.
Underwood steps in for Faith Hill, who announced last month that she would not be back for a seventh season. Underwood will sing a new version of "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night," the network said Tuesday.
Carrie Underwood will take over the theme song for "Sunday Night Football," with NBC sticking to the formula of a female country music star for its intro.
Faith Hill is out of the football game. The country star announced Monday morning on Twitter that she won't be doing the "Sunday Night Football" theme song this year.
Be it concert or charity auction, Bruce Springsteen can bring any event to a crescendo.
Tim McGraw has moved on from a troubling label, quit drinking and grown up a bit, and all that has given him a new energy he says you can hear on his latest album, "Two Lanes of Freedom."
Tim McGraw is free.
All five nominees for album of the year at this year's Grammys will perform at the awards show next month.
Jon Stewart is hosting the MusiCares salute to Bruce Springsteen.
Ne-Yo feels right at home in Music City.
Country music's fastest rising stars Jason Aldean, Eric Church and Luke Bryan kicked off the Country Music Association Awards by joining forces.
In one of the Country Music Association Awards' most emotional moments in recent memory, husband and wife stars Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert won song of the year Thursday night.
As stars began the walk down the carpet and fans screamed a few hundred yards away, Willie Nelson took a quiet moment on his bus before joining the celebration at the Country Music Association Awards.
Philip Marlowe soon will be back on the case.
Country music power couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are heading to Las Vegas.
She noted they've both opened for Strait in their careers and she recounted a story about how Strait and his wife Norma dropped in to one of her first headlining concerts when she was a teenager just to wish her luck.
Hill says in her tweet it's been an honor to appear on the NBC show, but that it's time to "let someone else rock the open.