- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Falcons Items
Wake Forest has hired Dave Clawson from Bowling Green as its next football coach, a person familiar with the situation said.
Three-quarters of the way to the NFL playoffs, the Texans and Falcons have taken charge _ of the chase for the top overall draft pick.
Here they come: the Panthers, Cardinals and Steelers.
Welcome to Atlanta, where the players play _ as long as the stadium where they play isn't much more than two decades old.
Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed said Tuesday during a press conference that the stadium will not be left vacant after the team starts playing at a new field in Cobb County.
There was no way the Atlanta Braves were going to stay in downtown without city taxpayers spending hundreds of millions of dollars, Mayor Kasim Reed says.
The city of Atlanta will demolish Turner Field and rebuild in its place a large-scale development after the Braves leave for a new stadium in the suburbs in 2017, the mayor said Tuesday.
Bucking the trend of teams pushing for stadiums and arenas closer to the city center, the Braves are moving from a site just south of downtown that has been their home since the team moved to Atlanta from Milwaukee in 1966.
Turner Field had a signature moment right at the start _ a trembling Muhammad Ali emerging from the shadows to ignite the flame that opened the 1996 Summer Olympics. In the years that followed, the Atlanta Braves hosted many memorable events of their own, from the World Series and All-Star game to the farewells of Bobby Cox and Chipper Jones.