- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Steve King
Topic - Family Services Agency
D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray has picked a former director of the city's Child and Family Services Agency to again run the department, which is responsible for the welfare of children in the District.
A D.C. Council member rebuked the District's child welfare agency for failing to identify what positions could be cut among the dozens of "memo writers" and "meeting attenders" making more than $100,000 per year, arguing it could free up money for key priorities facing the budget ax.
D.C. Mayor Adrian M. Fenty said yesterday that as many as eight Child and Family Services Agency employees will be fired for failing to help four girls found dead last week in a Southeast row house.