- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
Latest Fantagraphics Books Items
With the Christmas season in full swing, familiar items have appeared in our homes and communities. Beautiful trees with ornaments, colorful lights on front lawns, department store displays, wreaths on doors and stockings hung with care. There also will be glasses of milk and plates of cookies, accompanied by important letters for Santa Claus, left this evening.
If you grew up during World War II, the mere mention of the comic strip "Willie & Joe" should immediately bring back vivid memories. These two embodiments of front-line soldiers found themselves in just about every conceivable situation on the European battlefield, from foxholes to watering holes.