- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Fed Cup
Fed Cup is the premier team competition in women's tennis, launched in 1963 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the International Tennis Federation (ITF). The competition was known as the Federation Cup until 1995. - Source: Wikipedia
The United States will face France at home in Fed Cup competition in an attempt to get back into the World Group.
Karin Knapp won her second match of the weekend and gave Italy a 3-1 win over the United States in their Fed Cup first-round match on Sunday.
Carla Suarez shook off a long rain delay to dispense with Barbora Zahlavova 6-1, 6-4, giving Spain a 1-0 lead over the Czech Republic in their Fed Cup first-round tie on Saturday.
Karin Knapp and Camila Giorgi won the opening singles matches to give Italy a 2-0 lead over the United States on Saturday in their Fed Cup quarterfinal.
Belinda Bencic secured an upset 7-5, 6-4 win against Alize Cornet to draw Switzerland level with France at 1-1 in their first round Fed Cup World Group II match Saturday.
With Serena Williams and Sloane Stephens pulling out because of injuries, the U.S. Fed Cup team will field an inexperienced roster of Madison Keys, Alison Riske, Christina McHale and Lauren Davis against Italy.
The U.S. Fed Cup team's playoff against Sweden on April 20-21 will be played at the Delray Beach Tennis Center.
American Jamie Hampton will face Sara Errani in the opening match of Fed Cup series against Italy on Saturday.
The fourth singles in a Fed Cup series will be scrapped if a team has an unassailable 3-0 lead.
Venus Williams has withdrawn from next week's Qatar Open due to an ongoing lower back injury.
Venus Williams has pulled out of next week's Open GDF Suez tournament and the upcoming Fed Cup against Italy because of a back injury.
Ana Ivanovic describes her relationship with Jelena Jankovic as a healthy rivalry.
Serena Williams had a tough win over the woman she's predicting will one day top the rankings, setting up a semifinal match at the Brisbane International against current No. 1 Victoria Azarenka.
The owner of a leading tennis academy in Spain that trained some of the sport's stars says its players have stopped working with a doctor banned by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency for helping riders on Lance Armstrong's cycling team dope.
Lucie Safarova will open the Fed Cup final for the defending champion Czech Republic against Ana Ivanovic of Serbia.