- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Federal Bureau Of Prisons
Latest Federal Bureau Of Prisons Items
Alternative sentences can save money while giving nonviolent offenders another chance
Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, who wrote an anti-Muslim film that led to riots in parts of the Middle East, is due to be released from federal custody Thursday in a separate probation case, The Associated Press reported.
The man who made the anti-Islam film that the Obama administration erroneously blamed for the Benghazi terror attacks remains in federal prison eight months later, serving a yearlong sentence for probation violations stemming from his involvement with the video.
Federal authorities say platinum-selling rapper Ja Rule has left federal prison.
The blind sheik, convicted of orchestrating the deadly World Trade Center bombing 20 years ago, has benefited from a sophisticated social media messaging machine despite serving life in prison in a solitary confinement cell in North Carolina.
"And the winner is... ." When those words were uttered at the Academy Awards we knew it would not be "Zero Dark Thirty." The film, although critically acclaimed, was criticized for condoning the torture of terrorists. The debate is ongoing about whether the enhanced interrogation techniques used on terrorists were necessary for the prevention of future attacks, and whether they were, in fact, "torture."
Federal authorities say platinum-selling rapper Ja Rule is in a New York City jail with a July release date.
Platinum-selling rapper Ja Rule left an upstate New York prison Thursday morning after serving most of his two-year sentence for illegal gun possession and headed straight into federal custody in a tax case.
No governmentwide requirements exist for the checking of references for job applicants as a part of the federal government’s hiring process, including those who apply for law enforcement positions in the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, the U.S. Marshals Service, the Federal Bureau of Prisons and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a report released Thursday says.