- Arkansas voter ID law struck down by state judge
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Bad omen? Italian man crushed to death by John Paul II crucifix
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
- Girl surprises Michelle Obama with unemployed dad’s resume
- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
By Tammy Bruce
Only IRS employees could expect rewards for failing to pay their taxes
Topic - Federal Emergency Management Agency
U.S. Senator Mark Pryor says Polk County will receive $1.1 million in disaster-relief funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Federal prosecutors say a metro Atlanta woman has pleaded guilty to her involvement in a scheme to defraud the federal government of disaster relief money.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved disaster aid for 19 Indiana counties hit by a January storm that brought paralyzing snow and frigid readings.
Some Rhode Island residents are seeking federal grant money to help pay for elevating their homes to reduce the risk of flooding - and avoid spikes in flood insurance rates.
Public agencies and nonprofits that helped after a Jan. 9 chemical leak into the water supply could receive $2 million in reimbursements for their emergency work, a West Virginia homeland security official said.
The Flint Journal. April 8.
Federal officials have approved a funding request by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin related to the January chemical spill in Charleston.
Livingston Parish officials have a date with a three-judge panel that will hear the parish's arbitration case against FEMA for $59 million in unpaid cleanup costs from Hurricane Gustav.
The Star Press, Muncie. April 5, 2014.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has released updated guidelines on a new law to lessen the blow of flood insurance premium hikes.
A Federal Emergency Management Agency spokesman says three disaster relief centers have opened in Snohomish County to provide "one-stop shopping" for those affected by the March 22 Oso mudslide.
After touring the site of the deadly Washington mudslide, Department of Homeland Security secretary Jeh Johnson said federal help will continue until "this is done."
Former President Bill Clinton returned to his home state on Saturday to stump for his former Federal Emergency Management Agency head's congressional bid, praising James Lee Witt as someone who could go to Washington with bipartisan respect from his work responding to natural disasters.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency administrator and Department of Homeland Security secretary plan to visit the Oso mudslide on Sunday.
A low-lying barrier island community north of Atlantic City is the first to be awarded state aid since Superstorm Sandy to help residents elevate their homes.