- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheist upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Confederate flag, blackface flaps lead Catholic school to expel 4
- Calif. tourist community evacuated over suspected explosive device
- Obama to use executive seat to push private companies onto solar
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Federal Emergency Management Agency
Public agencies and nonprofits that helped after a Jan. 9 chemical leak into the water supply could receive $2 million in reimbursements for their emergency work, a West Virginia homeland security official said.
The Flint Journal. April 8.
Federal officials have approved a funding request by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin related to the January chemical spill in Charleston.
Livingston Parish officials have a date with a three-judge panel that will hear the parish's arbitration case against FEMA for $59 million in unpaid cleanup costs from Hurricane Gustav.
The Star Press, Muncie. April 5, 2014.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has released updated guidelines on a new law to lessen the blow of flood insurance premium hikes.
A Federal Emergency Management Agency spokesman says three disaster relief centers have opened in Snohomish County to provide "one-stop shopping" for those affected by the March 22 Oso mudslide.
After touring the site of the deadly Washington mudslide, Department of Homeland Security secretary Jeh Johnson said federal help will continue until "this is done."
Former President Bill Clinton returned to his home state on Saturday to stump for his former Federal Emergency Management Agency head's congressional bid, praising James Lee Witt as someone who could go to Washington with bipartisan respect from his work responding to natural disasters.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency administrator and Department of Homeland Security secretary plan to visit the Oso mudslide on Sunday.
A low-lying barrier island community north of Atlantic City is the first to be awarded state aid since Superstorm Sandy to help residents elevate their homes.
Two state audits say that one commissioner's district in Rogers County overbilled the Federal Emergency Management Agency by $250,000 and submitted a false invoice for $36,000.
Some local government leaders are frustrated that the Federal Emergency Management Agency has turned down Indiana's aid request from the severe winter storm that hit the state in early January.
The remainder of a $3.2 million loan approved for the city of Picayune after Hurricane Katrina in 2005 has been forgiven by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
President Barack Obama has declared a major disaster for damage caused by a deadly landslide in Washington state and officials say those affected should begin registering with the Federal Emergency Management Agency immediately.