- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Creator of ‘Selfies at Funerals’ blog retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) serves as an interagency law enforcement training organization for 90 United States government federal law enforcement agencies. - Source: Wikipedia
An unspecified number of Secret Service officers as well as two U.S. Capitol Police officers involved in a Connecticut woman's fatal shooting near the U.S. Capitol last week are off the streets while the incident is investigated.
A massive law enforcement training facility in Georgia that serves about 70,000 officers a year and employs more than 1,000 has been turned into a ghost town, as the government shutdown sent all but a handful of workers packing.
Celebrity climate alarmist Al Gore has some competition. Arnold Schwarzenegger has joined the ranks of high-profile folks eager to warn the world about global warming.