- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Federal Reserve Bank Of Kansas City
Newt Gingrich, now leading by double digits in Iowa and California and in a statistical tie with Mitt Romney for first place in two national polls, ascribes his rise to the top of the Republican presidential nomination heap to substance: a candidate consistently demonstrating depth and breadth of knowledge on domestic and foreign issues.
"Ninety percent of success is showing up," Woody Allen once observed. This helps explain why Herman Cain is soaring and Rick Perry has gone as flat as the Texas plains.
Why the media insists on referring to Herman Cain as the chief executive officer of a pizza company, as if that were all that were on Mr. Cain's resume, is highly questionable to me. Mr. Cain's resume contains many more accomplishments.
Across the street from the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, a foreboding tower of shipping containers glowers at the building spelling out an in-your-face message: "IOU."
Herman Cain's upset victory in the GOP's Florida presidential straw poll shocked political pundits and party activists alike. It's too early to tell if this was a one-time fluke or the start of an astonishing political story. What's clear is this political earthquake was a wake-up call for Republicans and could be the most important result of the entire primary season.
The next time you swipe your credit card at check-out, consider this: It's a ritual the rest of the world deems outdated and unsafe.