- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Federal Reserve Bank Of Kansas City
Latest Federal Reserve Bank Of Kansas City Items
Newt Gingrich, now leading by double digits in Iowa and California and in a statistical tie with Mitt Romney for first place in two national polls, ascribes his rise to the top of the Republican presidential nomination heap to substance: a candidate consistently demonstrating depth and breadth of knowledge on domestic and foreign issues.
"Ninety percent of success is showing up," Woody Allen once observed. This helps explain why Herman Cain is soaring and Rick Perry has gone as flat as the Texas plains.
Why the media insists on referring to Herman Cain as the chief executive officer of a pizza company, as if that were all that were on Mr. Cain's resume, is highly questionable to me. Mr. Cain's resume contains many more accomplishments.
Across the street from the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, a foreboding tower of shipping containers glowers at the building spelling out an in-your-face message: "IOU."
Herman Cain's upset victory in the GOP's Florida presidential straw poll shocked political pundits and party activists alike. It's too early to tell if this was a one-time fluke or the start of an astonishing political story. What's clear is this political earthquake was a wake-up call for Republicans and could be the most important result of the entire primary season.
The next time you swipe your credit card at check-out, consider this: It's a ritual the rest of the world deems outdated and unsafe.