- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Fédération Internationale De Football Association
Latest Fédération Internationale De Football Association Items
It is the fifth Gold Cup title for the Americans, but their first since 2007. The victory also extended the Americans' winning streak to a record 11 games.
The U.S. soccer team will be missing a key figure for the Gold Cup final against Panama on Sunday: their coach.
Fans will pay $90 for tickets to see World Cup matches in Brazil next year, $10 more than in 2010 in South Africa.
The Associated Press is following events in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday. The Confederations Cup final between Spain and Brazil kicks off at 7 p.m. local time (2200 GMT). Follow this live feed for updates:
Five reasons to watch Brazil play Spain on Sunday in the final of the Confederations Cup, a warmup tournament for next year's World Cup:
Soccer's governing body has no plans to cancel the Confederations Cup in Brazil despite the violent anti-government protests spreading across the country.
About 200 people burned tires and blocked the main road in front of the Brasilia stadium that will host the Confederations Cup opener Saturday.
FIFA has ruled male head covers are acceptable to wear during matches, a decision that goes against the ban on turbans imposed by the sport's provincial governing body in Quebec.
Togo players are refusing to play a World Cup qualifier in Libya after recent violence there led FIFA to move Friday's game from Benghazi to the capital, Tripoli.