- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Latest Ferdinand Marcos Items
Ferdinand Marcos, the U.S.-backed Philippine dictator from 1965 to 1986, forced his leading military chiefs to dress and dance in drag at a 1973 birthday party planned by his wife, Imelda, newly released cables from a U.S. diplomat showed.
Barack Obama and all the president's men have made a few lame attempts to portray the O Force and Ronald Reagan as soul brothers. It's hard to find anything in common between the socialist-leaning Democrat and the late Republican who remains one of the most heroic anti-government crusaders of all time, but reality rarely gets in the way of political sloganeering. As George Orwell, who became more skeptical of bureaucratic power the longer he lived, wrote, "Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, and murder respectable and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind." Chalk up a few Big Brother points for the current White House.
Philippine President Benigno Aquino III said Friday that the struggle for good governance and the fight against the corruption that characterized the brutal regime of Ferdinand Marcos continues 25 years after the late dictator's ouster in the "People Power" revolution.
From the fist-pumping crowds to the anguished dictators, the pro-reform revolts reshaping Arab history resemble the 1986 Philippine uprising that booted a strongman 25 years ago. But the similarity ends with the killing of protesters from Tunisia to Libya.