- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Latest fielding Items
Game 1 of the 2012 World Series is in the books. Pablo Sandoval hit three home runs and the San Francisco Giants cruised to an 8-3 rout of the Detroit Tigers behind Barry Zito and Tim Lincecum.
Justin Verlander is done after four innings and 98 pitches. He was lifted for a pinch hitter in the top of the fifth with the Tigers trailing the Giants 5-0.
The Washington Nationals paid a heavy price for Gio Gonzalez last winter, shipping four well-regarded players to Oakland to obtain the left-hander and immediately signing him to a lucrative contract extension.
The word "Detroit" is stitched across the chest of Prince Fielder now. He wears the navy and white uniform his father once wore and has made himself at home with his new team.
Ryan Braun's navy blue No. 8 uniform hangs in one of his corner lockers with a pair of perfectly crisp white pants. Four shoeboxes are stacked in his second space.
Tim Lincecum thought about the seismic shifts of baseball's offseason, the ones that saw Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder migrate to the American League.
Prince Fielder was born in 1984, the last time Detroit won the World Series.
Prince Fielder stood with a smile and recalled his earliest memories of old Tiger Stadium, when he would hang out at the ballpark where his father hit so many massive home runs.
With Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera in the middle of the lineup, the Detroit Tigers look ready for a season of slugging at Comerica Park.