- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Finland
, is a Nordic country situated in the Fennoscandian region of Northern Europe. It is bordered by Sweden on the west, Norway on the north and Russia on the east, while Estonia lies to its south across the Gulf of Finland. - Source: Wikipedia
After starting the season in Finland, Halpern has carved out a role for himself as the Phoenix Coyotes' fourth-line center and is eager to return home on Saturday when his team kicks off a four-game road trip against the Capitals.
Who is bitcoin's real creator? The bitcoin community is reacting to that burning question with a collective ho-hum.
Mans Hedberg of Sweden and Sarka Pancochova of Czech Republic won the season's final World Cup slopestyle events on Thursday to take the snowboard discipline titles.
Markus Granlund's first NHL goal helped fellow rookie Joni Ortio record his first NHL win and the Calgary Flames beat the Ottawa Senators 4-1 on Wednesday night.
Teams and drivers for the 2014 Formula One championship:
Russia ice hockey coach Zinetula Bilyaletdinov is leaving his job after the home team's disappointing quarterfinals exit at the Sochi Olympics.
Surgery to remove the prostate saves lives compared to "watchful waiting" for some men whose cancers were found because they were causing symptoms, long-term results from a Scandinavian study suggest.
Kamil Stoch of Poland won the ski jumping event at the Lahti Ski Games on Sunday to reclaim the lead in the overall World Cup standings.
Norway's triple Olympic gold medalist Marit Bjoergen and Olympic bronze medalist Martin Johnsrud Sundby dominated cross-country skiing World Cup races on Sunday.
Joel Ward and Eric Fehr also scored, and Braden Holtby made 36 saves for the Capitals, who won their fourth straight in their chase for one of the Eastern Conference's final playoff spots.
Semyon Varlamov showed there were no lingering effects from a disappointing finish at the Winter Olympics.
Alex Ovechkin looks as if he's ready to carry the Washington Capitals to one of the Eastern Conference's final playoff spots.
Paal Golberg won the individual cross-country final at the Lahti Ski Games on Saturday for his first World Cup triumph, finishing ahead of Russia's Alexey Petukhov and fellow Norwegian Eirik Brandsdal.
The Capitals are closing in on deadline day. Will they deal Marty Erat? What is their greatest need?
On a night when Calgary honored Canadian Olympians in a pregame ceremony, a pair of Team USA players were the big stars.