- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry battles hapless bumbler perception
- New Englander Scott Brown turns his gaze to the U.S. border crisis
- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
- Sen. Joe Manchin sued by his brother over old loan: report
- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
Latest Finland Items
The European Court of Human Rights ruled that the refusal to recognize same-sex "marriages" does not violate the European Convention on Human Rights.
Education reformers are asking for the U.S. to follow the teacher qualifications found in Finland and Singapore.
The New York Islanders have agreed to terms with 19-year-old defenseman Ville Pokka on a three-year, entry-level contract.
Star forwards Alex Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin scored eight minutes apart to lead Russia to a 5-2 victory over Finland in the final of the ice hockey world championship on Sunday for its second title in three years.
With the victory, Russia avenged a loss to Finland in the quarterfinals in the Sochi Olympics and earned its fifth gold since the 1991 breakup of the Soviet Union.
Finland blanked the Czech Republic 3-0 in the semifinals of the ice hockey world championship on Saturday to set up a final against Russia.
Tyler Johnson scored twice to reduce the deficit in the third but the U.S., bronze medalists last year, came up short.Finland will play the Czech Republic in the semifinals on Saturday, while Russia will meet either defending champion Sweden or Belarus.
Canada lost in the quarterfinals at a fifth consecutive ice hockey world championship when Finland scored late to win 3-2 on Thursday.
France clinched a spot in the quarterfinals of the ice hockey world championship with a 6-2 victory over Denmark on Monday, while Finland kept alive its hopes of advancing by beating Kazakhstan 4-3.