- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - First English League
Manchester City hired Manuel Pellegrini as manager Friday, entrusting a man nicknamed "The Engineer" with constructing a team to reclaim the Premier League title and become a force in the Champions League.
The Italian is departing after less than four years in charge. He ended the club's 35-year trophy drought by winning the FA Cup in 2011 and in 2012 led the team to its first league title in 44 years.
Manchester City fired manager Roberto Mancini on Monday, exactly one year after he delivered the club's first English league title in 44 years.
Manchester City's victory over Manchester United sparked wild celebrations among the blue half of the city on Monday, yet two difficult matches lie between the team and its first English league title since 1968.