- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures 7 on California beach
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - First Solar
[http://www.firstsolar.com/en/index.php First Solar, Inc.] is the world’s leading manufacturer of thin film photovoltaic (PV) modules, or solar panels, which convert sunlight to electricity at a lower cost than other types of modules. Using cadmium telluride (CdTe) as a semiconductor instead of the more common crystalline silicon, First Solar’s modules are more economical and productive in a variety of temperature and light conditions. By consistently driving down manufacturing costs, First Solar is creating an affordable and environmentally responsible alternative to electricity generated from fossil-fuels. - Source: Wikipedia
NEW YORK | First Solar Inc. is laying off 2,000 workers and closing its plant in eastern Germany, in response to waning demand for solar panels and increased competition from China.
GE is taking aim at the world's biggest solar company in a bid to expand into a fast-growing renewable energy market.