- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Fitch Ratings Items
A major credit-rating house says a hold on a lawsuit involving Illinois' pension overhaul is not cause for concern.
The Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport is delaying security checkpoint upgrades and improvements to the concourse after a downgrading of its revenue bonds by Fitch Rating Service.
A major credit rating agency says an overhaul of two Chicago pension plans would prevent them from becoming insolvent, but long-term sustainability is "many years away."
A Wall Street analyst warns the Atlantic City Expressway might have to raise tolls if traffic volume continues to decline.
Fitch Ratings on Tuesday afternoon warned that it may downgrade the U.S. credit rating from triple-A as a result of the congressional impasse that is forcing the Treasury to hit its borrowing limit on Thursday and could lead to a first-ever default on Treasury securities within days after that.
One of Wall Street's leading credit-rating firms Tuesday afternoon warned that it may downgrade the U.S. credit rating from AAA as a result of the congressional impasse that could force the Treasury Department to hit its borrowing limit on Thursday and could lead to a first-ever default on Treasury securities within days after that.
Time growing desperately short, House Republican efforts to pass legislation averting a Treasury default and ending a partial government shutdown collapsed Tuesday night, and one of the country's top ratings firms warned of a possible downgrade in the nation's creditworthiness.
The Fitch credit rating agency has warned that it is reviewing the U.S. government's AAA credit rating for a possible downgrade, citing Thursday's looming deadline to increase the nation's borrowing limit.
Fitch Ratings agency downgraded Britain's rating on Friday from triple-A to AA+, a recognition of the nation's weak economic future and growing debt.