- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Fleet Reserve Association
Latest Fleet Reserve Association Items
Dear Sgt. Shaft: My little brother died in service in 2009, and I was wondering if I could receive educational benefits for going to school. He was single and had no children.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I received an email that said that when the flag is presented to the family at a burial of a veteran, the words of presentation say: ".....on behalf of the Secretary of Defense." Is this true? I am shocked that the words no longer state "On behalf of the President of the United States.
Dear Sgt Shaft: I am in the middle of a divorce after 18 years of marriage. I receive service-connected disability from the VA from when I was in the Army. I am now 100 percent disabled and unable to work. My wife has been working full time for the same company for the last 16 years. In the divorce, she is asking to receive half of my disability payments for maintenance. Is there any federal law that states my disability cannot be used for maintenance?
Dear Sgt Shaft: As we approach Memorial Day, please remind your readers of the VetSignia group, a small group of retired veterans who make 36 special metalized film window stickers and magnetic vehicle plaques that provide a neat, attractive way for all U.S. veterans to show their service.
Dear Sgt Shaft: Must a veteran pass away first and be buried in a VA cemetery in order for his wife to be buried there?