- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
Latest Flip Saunders Items
One week after Flip Saunders took over as the Timberwolves head coach comes a report about Wizards assistant Ryan Saunders leaving to join his dad in Minnesota.
Saunders was hired last season as president of basketball operations. After the team's search to replace the retired Rick Adelman was snagged by Kevin Love's uncertain future in Minnesota, it was determined that Saunders should step in to coach the team.
Flip Saunders looked for a new coach. The Timberwolves president's search ended with a familiar face - his own.
During a weekend trip to Boston, All-Star forward Kevin Love has been taking pictures with fans and seeing the sights, leading Celtics fans to speculate that he's going to follow in the footsteps of Kevin Garnett as the next Minnesota star to come to town and turn around a struggling franchise.
Rumors and reports continue to surface about Minnesota's Kevin Love landing with another team. Timberwolves president Flip Saunders doesn't see that scenario unfolding, so he says.
Wittman isn't the most exciting or alluring coach. He isn't flashy or snazzy. But he eliminated the nonsense and instilled a gritty toughness, forging a team mindset that actually takes pride in defense.
The Minnesota Timberwolves have decided they want to bring Dave Joerger home to be their coach. Now all that stands in the way is agreeing on a contract and any possible compensation with the Memphis Grizzlies.
Dave Joerger watched Memphis Grizzlies owner Robert Pera fire two of the team's top basketball executives after a 50-win season and had a sinking feeling that he was next.
One meeting down, one to go for Memphis coach Dave Joerger and the Minnesota Timberwolves.