- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Florentino Pérez
Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a new contract with Real Madrid that will keep him at the Spanish club until 2018.
Accustomed to seeing some of the world's top players join their ranks, tens of thousands of Real Madrid fans turned out at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium on Monday to catch the first glimpse of Gareth Bale, the latest "galactico" to join the Spanish giants.
Rafa Benitez's interim stint in charge of Chelsea will end after a postseason tour of the United States, having secured qualification for the Champions League and won the Europa League last week.
Jose Mourinho will leave Real Madrid after three years as coach, paving the path for his return to England and a second stint as Chelsea's manager.
The freed Chilean miners are being flooded with invitations to visit leading European and Latin American soccer teams, and even participate in the New York City Marathon.
Striker Raul Gonzalez has announced his exit from Real Madrid after 15 seasons with the Spanish soccer club.