- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Florida Marlins
Nathan Eovaldi was inefficient but effective Thursday.
Mike Piazza is back with the New York Mets, working as a spring training instructor.
Two starting pitchers looking to rejuvenate their careers, right-handers Josh Johnson of San Diego and Tim Lincecum of San Francisco, made successful spring debuts on Monday in the Padres' 7-2 victory over the Giants.
Reliever Guillermo Mota has announced he is retiring after 14 seasons in the major leagues.
Everyone is applauding Baltimore Orioles manager Buck Showalter for making an Orioles minor leaguer who didn't know who Frank Robinson was write a report about the Hall of Famer. I think it's a great idea — so I am assigning the same lesson to the Lerner family.
Ty Wigginton hit a solo home run and the Miami Marlins beat Florida International 9-5 on Thursday.
Oakland catcher Derek Norris said collisions at home plate are part of the game and he applauds the updated rule that still allows for them in major league baseball.
Former major-league manager Jack McKeon will be the featured speaker at the Bob Gibson Heritage Banquet on April 22 in La Vista.
There is one distinct message new manager Rick Renteria plans to deliver when the Chicago Cubs gather Wednesday for their first full-squad workout.
While the New York Yankees set another salary record, the Houston Astros had the lowest average in the major leagues in 14 years and the attention of the players' union.
The Yankees had the highest average for the 15th consecutive season at $8.17 million, breaking the mark of $7.66 million when they won the World Series in 2009. The Los Angeles Dodgers were second at $7.82 million. Houston's average of $549,603 was the smallest since the 1999 Kansas City Royals at $534,460.
The Chicago Cubs are set to hire San Diego Padres bench coach Rick Renteria as their manager, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
The move ends a long search that began with the Cubs targeting New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi, only to be denied a shot when he decided to stay put.
Leyland was 700-597 with the Tigers. In all, he is 1,769-1,728 with the Tigers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies. He won the World Series in 1997 with Florida.
A picture of Jim Leyland's face stared out from the video board at an empty Comerica Park, next to that familiar Olde English "D" and a message that said simply: "Thank You Jim."