- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Florida Panthers Items
The Florida Panthers have hired Kevin Dineen to take over as coach, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
Peter DeBoer took over as coach of the Florida Panthers three years ago with a sparkling resume from junior hockey, fully expecting that he could bring the downtrodden franchise back to the playoffs.
Alexander Semin scored 28 seconds into overtime to give the Washington Capitals a 3-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Sunday.
As Monday's NHL trade deadline approached, defenseman Dennis Wideman figured he might be headed out of town. He heard his name connected to plenty of teams _ except the Washington Capitals, where he wound up.
Until the Los Angeles Kings made the biggest move of NHL trade deadline day by prying forward Dustin Penner away from the Edmonton Oilers, the further breaking up of the Florida Panthers dominated an otherwise dull day of dealing.
The Carolina Hurricanes acquired forward Cory Stillman from the Florida Panthers on Thursday in exchange for forward Ryan Carter and a draft pick.
Dennis Wideman scored a power-play goal in overtime and the Florida Panthers beat the Washington Capitals 4-3 on Tuesday night to end a three-game losing streak.
Tomas Vokoun stopped 36 shots in his third shutout of the season, and the Florida Panthers ended a six-game losing streak against the Washington Capitals with a 3-0 victory Thursday night.
Erik Gudbranson had a goal and an assist, and the Florida Panthers beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-1 on Tuesday night in the preseason opener for both teams.