- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Fontella Bass
Fontella Bass, a St. Louis-born soul singer who hit the top of the R&B charts with "Rescue Me" in 1965, has died.
Fontella Bass, a St. Louis-born soul singer who hit the top of the R&B charts with "Rescue Me" in 1965, has died. She was 72.
Singer David Peaston, who had a string of R&B hits in the late 1980s and early 1990s, has died, his family said Thursday.
July 3: Movie director Ken Russell is 84. Singer Fontella Bass is 71. Actor Kurtwood Smith ("That 70s Show") is 68. Actor Michael Cole ("The Mod Squad") is 66. Country singer Johnny Lee is 65. Writer Dave Barry is 64. Actress Betty Buckley is 64. Guitarist-singer Paul Barrere of Little Feat is 63. Country singer Aaron Tippin is 53. Synthesizer player Vince Clarke of Erasure is 51. Actor Tom Cruise is 49. Actor Thomas Gibson is 49. Actress Hunter Tylo is 49. Actress Connie Nielsen ("Gladiator") is 47. Actress Yeardley Smith ("The Simpsons") is 47. Keyboardist-guitarist Kevin Hearn of Barenaked Ladies is 42. Singer Tonia Tash of Divine is 32. Actor Grant Rosenmeyer ("Oliver Beene") is 20.