- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Football Items
It's time for a tip of the hat to the Mad Hatter.
Texas A&M is set to join Southeastern Conference, the league said Sunday, possibly signaling legal hurdles have been cleared for the Aggies to leave the Big 12.
Nick Toon arrived at Wisconsin with the high expectations that naturally come with having big-time game and a famous last name.
Even in realignment, it's hard to figure out where Boise State fits.
Steve Gleason may always be remembered most for his blocked punt on the night the Louisiana Superdome reopened for the first time after Hurricane Katrina _ a play that stirred an already emotional crowd into a deafening, drink-spilling frenzy.
Eager to play after being relegated to reserve status, Nate Stupar didn't envision spending so much time on the field Saturday under such unwelcome circumstances.
Pittsburgh's future is set now that the Panthers are heading to the ACC in 2014.
A few hours before kickoff, Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer will take a detour to a cemetery in Huntington, W.Va., where he'll pay his respects at a memorial for the 75 Marshall players, coaches and others killed in a 1970 plane crash, the worst disaster in U.S. sports history.
Orlando "Zeus" Brown, the 360-pound tackle who in 1999 was accidentally hit in the eye with a penalty flag and missed three seasons because of the damage it caused, was found dead at his Baltimore home. He was 40.