- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
Latest Football Items
Virginia Tech on Tuesday announced the terms of football coach Frank Beamer's four-year contract extension, and also an eight-year stint as a special assistant to the athletic director that Beamer believes will prevent awkwardness at the end of his coaching career.
The image on the television screen is still vividly etched in Vinny Testaverde's mind.
Tommy Rees is in and Dayne Crist _ benched after halftime of Notre Dame's ugly 23-20 loss to South Florida _ is out.
David Garrard lost his starting job the same way he got it: Just days before the season opener and in stunning fashion. The Jacksonville Jaguars released Garrard on Tuesday, making a "pure football decision" that will save the franchise $9 million in 2011.
NBC won't be missing any opportunity this week to promote the opening of NFL football's new season.
When Jay Finch arrived at Georgia Tech, he wasn't just interested in being a lineman for the Yellow Jackets football team. He wanted to study architecture, too.
Even during the longest, hottest, most grueling training camp practice, Miami Dolphins rookie Jimmy Wilson wore a smile from ear hole to ear hole.
Not even cancer can keep former NFL coach Buddy Ryan from being in the stands when his twin sons coach against each other Sunday night in the prime-time opener between the Dallas Cowboys and New York Jets.
Mark Herzlich is putting his battle with cancer behind him and looking to a new chapter in his life _ as an NFL player with the New York Giants.