- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest Football Items
TCU is getting out of future debates about whether the Horned Frogs deserve to be in a BCS game. They are joining a league with automatic access.
As usual, Bobby Bowden watched many of Miami's games this season, only now as a football fan instead of an opposing coach trying to beat the Hurricanes.
Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon refuses to let speculation about Rich Rodriguez's future change his timetable to evaluate the football coach.
TCU is moving to the Big East Conference, where the Horned Frogs would be BCS busters no more.
Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints' offense appear to have recaptured their championship form.
His voice nearly cracking, Miami athletic director Kirby Hocutt somberly laid out some of the many reasons why Randy Shannon was right for the Hurricanes.
If Stanford's regular-season finale against Oregon State was its closing argument for earning a spot in the Bowl Championship Series, it sure was an effective one.
Miami fired coach Randy Shannon on Saturday night, hours after the Hurricanes finished a 7-5 regular season that began with championship expectations.
Brett Favre was perfect on two scoring drives, and the Minnesota Vikings won Leslie Frazier's NFL head coaching debut despite Adrian Peterson's early injury, beating the Washington Redskins 17-13 Sunday.