- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Football Items
Standing on a makeshift football field atop a soundstage in the middle of flashing lights, dancing cheerleaders and screaming fans, Hank Williams, Jr. lifted his cowboy hat and belted out the words that for more than 20 years have become synonymous with the start of the NFL season.
Calling the players' offer "fair for both sides," star quarterbacks Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees _ plaintiffs in an antitrust suit against the NFL _ said Wednesday "it is time" to wrap up negotiations on a deal to end the league's lockout.
Heavily fined Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison calls NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell a "crook" and a "devil," among other insults, in a magazine article.
Calling the players' offer "fair for both sides," star quarterbacks Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees — plaintiffs in an antitrust suit against the NFL — said Wednesday "it is time" to wrap up negotiations on a deal to end the league's lockout.
A federal judge has dismissed former Penn State running back Austin Scott's civil lawsuit against the university, police and a female acquaintance over a rape charge against him that was later dropped.
The Omaha Nighthawks are giving Eric Crouch another shot at professional football.
France edged England 4-3 on penalties in the Women's World Cup quarterfinals when England captain Faye White missed the decisive kick on Saturday.
Christian Lopez was at the bottom of several piles during his days playing football at small St. Lawrence University.
This was so Derek Jeter.