- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Football Items
Bill Stewart is being slowly forced out as West Virginia's football coach because athletic director Oliver Luck believes the Mountaineers had become an also-ran instead of a national power.
Bloomsburg's Franklyn Quiteh went from short-yardage specialist in the preseason to starting tailback on opening day to All-American when his redshirt freshman season was finished.
New Minnesota football coach Jerry Kill has decided to keep two members of the previous staff.
On Thursday morning, about the time the Washington Redskins were supposed to be filing out the back door of the team headquarters for the short walk to the practice field, they instead were headed out the front door and into the parking lot.
Former NFL coaches Wade Phillips and Dan Reeves will coach opposite each other in the East-West Shrine Game at the Florida Citrus Bowl in Orlando on Jan. 22.
Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen has been hired for the same position at West Virginia next season, and the Mountaineers plan to make him head coach in 2012.
Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace believes he's quickly becoming one of the NFL's best. To prove that, he knows there's one test he still must pass.
Whether it's his end zone celebrations, or his appearances on television shows, or just some plain, old football matters, it's hard for DeSean Jackson to stay out of the news these days.
For Tennessee coach Derek Dooley, a bowl game means an opportunity to put the Volunteers through another training camp this season.