- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
Latest Football Items
The University of Minnesota put out a call Wednesday for fans and volunteers willing to shovel snow at TCF Bank Stadium to get it ready to host the Vikings and Bears next week in place of the snow-damaged Metrodome.
Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace believes he's quickly becoming one of the NFL's best. To prove that, he knows there's one test he still must pass.
The Baltimore Ravens remain in the AFC playoff picture despite several significant flaws, most of which were exposed in their latest and most telling fourth-quarter collapse of the season.
Al Golden was hired as the Miami Hurricanes' coach Sunday. He replaces Randy Shannon, fired Nov. 27 after Miami completed a 7-5 regular season and fell to 28-22 in his four seasons at his alma mater.
The NFL's playoff picture might be muddled in the middle. At the top, it's crystal clear, thanks to the Patriots and Falcons.
It would be all too easy to cut the kicker who missed the two short field goals. Or the holder who had the snap go through his hands on an extra point in the final seconds of a one-point loss.
The Big Ten's new football trophy names:
When the Big Ten plays its first conference championship game next season, it'll be the Leaders division against the Legends division.
Al Golden's first speech as Miami's football coach revolved around winning.