- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Forestry Commission Items
Forestry officials are preparing for what could be a busy weekend fighting wildfires in South Carolina.
A week after the worst winter storm in a decade slammed South Carolina, officials with the state Forestry Commission are trying to gauge how much damage the snow and ice did to the state's forests.
South Carolina officials have lifted a statewide red flag alert against outdoor burning.
Windy and dry conditions are leading authorities to issue a red flag alert against outdoor burning for all of South Carolina.
Firefighters with the state Forestry Commission would be the only South Carolina state employees to receive a cost-of-living increase under Gov. Nikki Haley's budget proposal.
Tree-hugging enthusiasts in Portland, Ore., set the world record Saturday afternoon for the number of people embracing a tree.