- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Latest Fort Belvoir Items
While investigators say former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell accepted lavish gifts, golf outings and other favors in exchange for boosting a wealthy businessman and his company, the 43-page indictment paints his wife, Maureen, as the one who had her hands outstretched the most.
Elaine Kubiak finds it impossible to reconcile the social-climbing, bullying and bizarre-acting former first lady of Virginia being portrayed in federal court papers and the media with the woman she's known for two decades.
The weekend before Veterans Day, nearly five dozen U.S. soldiers and allied forces formed five teams to run a shadow of the Las Vegas Ragnar Relay in Afghanistan. They ran under the names of those lost and to remember their sacrifice.
Fairfax County police are investigating the fatal shooting of a man by one of their officers during an altercation outside a homeless shelter.
President Obama is on track to pass his golfing record from 2011 — 34 rounds for the year — said one conservative blogger who covers all things White House.
The country's largest USO center — 20,000 square feet, painted, polished and primed for active-duty soldiers and their families — is set to open Tuesday at Fort Belvoir.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I attended ROTC boot camp in the summer of 1958 at Corps of Engineers, Fort Belvoir, Va. I sustained tinnitus and hearing injury at the M1 rifle range. I reported that to the VA at the time and they turned down my claim because my training "... is not considered as service in the armed forces."
Washington Wizards center Andray Blatche has avoided the traveling summer league all-star shows that many NBA stars, including several of his teammates, have kept busy with, preferring to work out and focus on his foundation activities.
Ahomemade wind chime with the word "Whining" under a red slash is made from metal parts put in his leg after a parachute accident. Every Sunday he trims his crew cut. He didn't join the Army willingly, but as Command Sgt. Maj. Jeff Mellinger prepares to retire, he's grateful he found his calling.