- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
By Mackubin Thomas Owens
Americans suffer from damage to the fossil-fuel-dependent U.S. economy
Topic - Fran Mccaffery
Iowa coach Fran McCaffery said Friday that the tumor doctors removed from his son's thyroid earlier this week was malignant.
In some respects, Iowa just wrapped up its best season in years. The Hawkeyes earned a spot in the Top 25 for the first time in nearly a decade and reached the NCAA tournament after an eight-year absence.
Iowa coach Fran McCaffery said his son's surgery to remove a thyroid tumor went as planned, and the coach later flew back from Iowa City to Dayton to lead the Hawkeyes in the NCAA tournament on Wednesday night.
Iowa coach Fran McCaffery will be in and out of Dayton as the Hawkeyes get ready for their first NCAA tournament game in eight years.
The highlight of coach Fran McCaffery's career at Iowa so far coincides with a serious family health issue.
Iowa is stumbling at the wrong time.
Roy Devyn Marble scored 24 points, but No. 24 Iowa couldn't stop an onslaught from No. 22 Michigan State that looked strangely familiar.
It was a game the reeling Hawkeyes had to have.
Iowa coach Fran McCaffery has instructed the Hawkeyes to shut down their Twitter accounts for the rest of the season after senior Zach McCabe exchanged barbs with detractors on the social media service.
Iowa coach Fran McCaffery didn't have much to say after his 15th-ranked Hawkeyes lost yet again to a quality opponent at home.
Iowa was built to withstand the grind of February better than perhaps any team in the country.
Penn State's 13 victories this year have been the result of balanced scoring. The Nittany Lions' 13th loss resulted from just the opposite.
Iowa's high-scoring, up-tempo attack has made it tough for its big inside players to get much notice.
Nik Stauskas caught too much of Iowa's attention after burning the Hawkeyes for 26 points a couple weeks ago.
Iowa couldn't hit a 3 or get the defensive stops it needed, and stars Devyn Marble and Aaron White were outplayed by Ohio State's Aaron Craft.
Hawkeyes coach Fran McCaffery says the seldom-used forwards have been released from their scholarships and plan to transfer.